Tuesday 4 June 2013

Cichona/St. Johns Peak

This pictures were taken on a short discovery ride I did from Cinchona riding through St. Helens Gap up towards Sir Johns Peak.It was raining on and off, I felt like in the high european mountains. Gorgeous, peacefull place, extremely humid though! I rode as far as I could, the  track was recently cleared by the forest department, they have a reforestation project in the area. From where the track ended I rode for another maybe 2 min through some big bush then hiked for another 20 min. The trail is walkable but not rideable.I turned back not knowing that I was probably not very far from the peak! On the way back I took a right turn that took me onto a short , exposed and steep single track, dropping me straight into St. Hellens Gap!
I got back to Cinchona were the barbecues were working on full. A cold beer, then some fun riding in the gardens with my daughter! There are some lovely trails through the garden, ideal for teaching beginners! Roots, smal drop offs, berms etc! I spoke with some locals inquiring about trails! I was told you could ride up to a coffee farm than turn right going down to Strawberry Hill and from there down to Westphalia! Perhaps next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment